Sunday, September 2, 2012

Freshlook ColorBlends - Coloured Contacts

Freshlook ColorBlends - Coloured Contacts

I just tried these for the first time a month or so ago for a fancy dress party.  Awesome!  I got the Sterling Grey colour after checking out some recs online with pictures from other people.  It gives a nice blue colour, not too bright...

Ok so the pupil doesn't look quite as good as in the photos here - it's actually bigger than your pupil, so a tiny bit of your own colour comes out.  But it's not so bad that it's easily noticeable.

Put them in before you do your eye makeup.  Actually put them in before you put ANY makeup on.  The first time I put them in my eyes teared up heaps.  Took me AGES to get them in.  I've had them in twice now and it was heaps better the second time.  I think you just get the hang of the right technique of getting them flat on your eyeball.

When they're in... they do feel a bit weird for a while, bit like you've got dust in your eye.  But you get used to it pretty quickly.  Also, when it moves on your eyeball you kind of get semi blurry patches of eyesight.  Not anything too bad at all, just a bit of fuzz.  Definitely manageable.

I love these.  I bought mine from www.quicklens.com.au

I just ordered Green and Gemstone Green.  :)

Additional note 22/09/2015 - I now wear contact lenses dailyas my eye sight deteriorated and I wanted to add some important notes on this one.
First thing - You can actually go to your local optometrist to get a sample one of these and to get fitted properly. We all have different shaped eye balls and although the contacts are made to suit as many people as possible - they might not fit you (and if that is the case it's kind of uncomfortable to have them in and they move around too much).
Also - if you have daily ones, one wear etc - don't try to stretch it out longer (it's really not healthy for your eyes). And don't sleep in them! Your eyes need oxygen and having that contact lense over it doesn't allow as much to get in (particularly the coloured ones as they have more coating). I know they make some contact lenses that you can wear overnight but the freshlooks are not made like that.

Oh and clean your hands before you handle the lenses or put them in your eyes.

Can you tell I'm older now? yeh. haha sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, thanks for sharing it here !

    i like the way you present your blog post.

    I will visit your blog more often

    Just for your info. you can also check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

    Enjoy and stay pretty : )

    Mimiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. My preferred brand of contact lens ever since is freshlook contacts-it is a brand by Alcon, which is perhaps the biggest manufacturer of contact lens and optical paraphernalia globally.

    ReplyDelete