Tuesday, September 22, 2015

OPI Crystal Nail File

Hello nail file of my dreams.

This lovely lady comes in a handy plastic tube so that you don't go snapping it and have to cry yourself to sleep over the loss of such an important tool.

I've written about crystal nail files before, but this is like the ultimate king of crystal nail files.

I buy these for pretty much everyone I know, they only retail at about $20 and they last foreverrrrr. I've even used one on my dog's nails. Don't cringe - his nails needed some love and he hates the nail clippers~!!!!

And I wouldn't misuse this nail file if I thought it would ruin it. I have about three of these (I like to have them at arms reach hehe). The "most used" one, I thought it was dead after a while as it didn't seem as abrasive - but I gave it a quick wash and a brush with a toothbrush and it is good as new! Hurrah!

So I have one that I use for filing/reshaping, another one I use for getting the top layer off my gel polish (I do my own gel nails at home... bought the OPI UV lamp online for too much money... but I'll tell you about that in a different post).

Those of you who haven't tried gel or haven't taken it off yourself - you need to file off the top layer to allow the remover to get in there to do its job. This means that your nail file has to work pretty hard and can get a lot of build up on it.

OPI nail file is all like "whatever this is a piece of cake".

It's also really handy for cleaining under your nails.

None of mine have broken yet (probably because I store them in the plastic tube).

I had a friend that has used crystal nail files before who said she didn't need one when I told her about it... I bought it for her anyway.  Two days later "oh my god this IS A NAIL FILE".

*celebration*

No comments:

Post a Comment