Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bepanthen lips


Ok, so Bepanthen is an antiseptic cream like Savlon - but it's the version for babies. You can buy it in the chemist and in places like Priceline, often Kmart etc will have it in their baby section.

Bepanthen differs from Savlon because it's a lot more creamy, and less harsh. When you get a tattoo, this is what they recommend you put on it.

It's an antiseptic, but it's also somehow moisturising.

I began using Bepanthen when I got a tattoo, so I had a tube around the place for several years (ps you buy one tube and no matter what you use it for you seem to have it forever).
So it's great for tattoos, for rash, for abrasions, all the usual.

I was having a lot of difficulty with my lips - they just kept flaking all the time, or the skin would do that horrible thing where it comes off and kind of nestles in a group at the corners of your mouth. Have you seen that? It looks horrible and you don't notice until you wipe your mouth or something and then you have to think of all the people that saw you like that!

So my lips kept cracking and I was trying lipsticks, lipgloss etc, I even tried not using anything for a while because I figured - guys never use lipgloss and their lips always look fine... I thought (and I still suspect) that when you start using lip chap, your lips stop producing whatever they need to stay moist, and so you need to keep using the chap.
It's a cruel cruel cycle.

Anyway, I was trying everything and nothing was working. Oh I even got benefit lip exfoliant and lip treatment. I would have had to exfoliant freaking every day for that to stop it all. Good stuff but it just wasn't solving the overall problem.

Then I read in a magazine someone saying that they use bepanthen at night. So I put a little on that night before bed.
Didn't really do anything.
Disappointing.

Next night I decided to SLATHER IT ON. So I put a bit more (but not so much that it was going into my mouth and I could taste it).

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

I've used it every night since, and it keeps my lips in tip top condition for the entire next day. Sure I still need to use lip gloss (I usually use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip chap), but I don't have to put it on anywhere near as much, and sometimes I forget for the whole day - yep my lips feel a bit dry - but they never crack and I never get that gross white skin residue.

So Bepanthen - in the long run it's very cheap to buy, and it's an awesome product.

Plus - you can use it on so many other things!!! It NEVER STINGS, so it's great to put on all kinds of wounds.

Love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Peculiar article, totally what I needed.

    my web blog - Hydravella Repairs Skin; Www.Allcitychessclub.Net,

    ReplyDelete