Monday, May 17, 2010

Dry shampoo

Dry shampoo.

So it's been around for a while now and really... I'm a bit over it.

Originally when we first discovered it, we used Klorane because it was the only one we could really find. I read somewhere that dry shampoo works a lot better on blonde hair (I am brunette) and I can really say that I believe that. The problem with dry shampoo is that although it works in the sense of shampooing your hair and being dry (snigger hehe) - it tends to also be visible.

Ok lets go from the beginning.

Dry shampoo is an awesome alternative when you want to get an extra day or (if you like to live life dangerously) two out of your hair before doing a full wash. Especially awesome for girls who have to go to a lot of initial effort when styling their hair - blow dry, straighten etc.... and just want to keep that for a little longer.
Also VERY awesome for those of us with bangs/fringe, because that gets oily first, and we don't always want to pin it back (even if it does look super cute sometimes). So yeh, it's great.

Also great for travelling and camping when you just don't have time and you want to look good.

How to use it?
You just spray from 20 to 30 cm's away, point at the roots cause you won't need it in the lengths, then you massage it in, leave it for a couple minutes, brush it out. Some people also like to get a dry towel and give it a rub.

The problem with it, as previously mentioned... and the reason I got tired of it and don't use it as much anymore...

Well the product itself is white... Yep that seems pretty obvious and yeh I know you massage it in, but I've used several products and the problem remains... no matter how well you towel it and brush... you kind of get like "dust" looking things in your hair, which actually can look a bit like dandruff and ends up giving you the opposite of what you wanted - your hair looks dirty.

Now if they made dry shampoo coloured... this problem could potentially be solved! I mean if you are blonde you don't see that because it blends in, but if you are brunette it's a problem. So how about someone makes a brown version.... or maybe it's already in the works???

So my opinion - I'm tired of it and I think it has flaws, but on the odd occasion I still give it a whirl. Mostly because I already bought the stuff and want to use it up.

I've tried Klorane, as previously mentioned (pictured at top) - this is the standard, quite good, stable choice.

I also tried Batiste - this one comes in different "flavours"/smells. Rubbish.



You can get mini ones for travel, I tried Lee Stafford. Hmm. Mediocre.


I also tried Toni & Guy - expecting some kind of awesomeness. No different to Klorane.


Currently I'm using Et Absorb - this one claims to give your hair a bit of a moisturising treatment at the same time. And of course I'm a sucker for any such claim, so at the moment this is my favourite. Seems to work the same as Klorane and Toni&Guy, but it's "moisturising" my hair at the same time. That's an extra tick.
I also like the way the bottle looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment